Gcam Apk Download – Google Camera Download
How Do I Install Gcam Google Camera?
In order to install Gcam on your phone, we need the “Gcam – Google Camera Port” application in the Play Store.
Since Google camera is not a single application and there is a separate mode for each phone, the “Gcam – Google Camera Port” application helps us to install the most suitable GCAM for our phone model.
Now that we have downloaded the “Gcam – Google Camera Port” application mentioned above to our phone, we can now install GCAM (Google Camera) on our phone as stated below.
1- Open the “Gcam – Google Camera Port” application that we downloaded from the Play Store.
2- We choose our phone brand. (Example: I chose xiaomi because my phone brand is xiaomi.)
3- We choose our phone model. (Example: My phone model is Xiaomi 12/Pro, so I chose Xiaomi 12/Pro.)
4- I download any of the recommended GCAM apk files for my phone. (If the first apk doesn’t work, don’t panic and try the other apk.)
5- I install the downloaded Gcam apk on my phone. (that’s all)
Result: Yes, now we have successfully installed Gcam (Google camera) on our phone. We can enjoy GCAM by restarting our phone.
GCam Apk is a popular Google mobile camera application that is quite ambitious in the field of mobile photography. The app allows you to take your photography experience to the next level with many advanced features such as HDR+, portrait mode, night mode and more. As you can see from the examples, GCam allows you to take much better photos than the original phone camera with its software support. Many GCams support secondary cameras in addition to the main sensor, such as wide-angle, ultra-wide, and telephoto lenses.
What is Gcam? Google Camera is the same app that comes with the Google Pixel (Google’s smartphone), and anyone who has used one of these devices or followed samples taken with them will know the quality it offers. Now anyone can download this app on another compatible smartphone, thanks to a Ukrainian developer who started the project and gave us access to the APK.
GCam top features and capabilities
- Quick switching between photo and video mode – One of the most underrated features of Google Camera is a quick switch between photo and video mode. Google Camera lets you switch between two modes without any lag or delay. So, whenever while taking pictures you feel that a moment is worth recording, you can do that without delay in finding the Video mode on the user interface.
- Motion Photos – Another great feature of Google Camera is Motion Photos. Well, it’s not a unique or first-of-a-kind feature. OEMs like Apple, and Samsung have brought the same features in their flagship devices. The Gcam app records a small video in the Motion Photos feature, something like a GIF, along with the photo captures. With this feature, you can see the images coming live to you.
- HDR+ and HDR+ enhanced – HDR has been a feature in smartphones for a very long time now. The feature has nothing to do with the hardware of the device or the camera sensor. The sorcery is done by machine learning and AI. With the HDR feature, the device captures more than one version of any image. It combines them to create a better-looking, highly detailed image. Well, we won’t be able to go deeper in explaining the procedure followed to create one. You can understand this by assuming that the camera clicks multiple images with various features, some having better details, some having better colors, whereas some have better exposure. A combination of these creates a better-looking photograph.
- Slow-Motion – Slow-motion is one of the features that can be seen provided by multiple smartphone companies out there. Well, unlike HDR, slow-motion needs better processing power as well as machine learning. That’s why flagship devices can offer better-quality slow-motion shots compared to others. And same goes with the Google Camera; if you have a device with a better processor, chances are you can get better slo-mo videos with that. GCam’s revolutionary machine learning won’t disappoint you.
- Lens blur – wide-angle, photosphere, portrait –Well, this might not sound very interesting, as almost every smartphone in the market offers these features out of the box. Smartphones having even a single rear camera system can provide you with portrait-type images. But, no camera or OEM has successfully mastered the art of capturing portrait images the way Google can do with its Google Camera. Again, all credit goes to the revolutionary Machine Learning backed GCam app. The app offers not only portrait mode but features like photosphere, lens blur, and more.
- Panorama – Panorama is another popular feature that is made available on Google Camera. Again, the feature is well known, and OEMs have been including this in smartphones for many years. The panorama consists of a procedure where a group of photos is captured continuously and combined to create a visual of one long shot. And, as you may already know, this feature needs competent image processing power to get the best out of it.
- Top Shot – Google renamed a popular feature called Smartburst to Top Shot, introducing a new Gcam version in Google Pixel 3. Well, the work remained similar. In Top Shot, users can click 10 photos in just a second, with a single shutter click. And Google Camera will simply find out the best shot in terms of clarity, sharpness, exposure, and all.
- Night sight – Night Sight is probably the best feature a smartphone camera has to offer. Google introduced Night Sight with the first Pixel device. And it was a significant breakthrough as no other OEM has ever thought of that. Earlier, companies like Samsung sported best every camera hardware to perform best in a low-light environment. But, Google Camera kicked other companies out of the park with the first-ever machine learning-based Night Mode for a smartphone camera. Since then, almost every smartphone company has tried to put the best of their men at work to get the best out of their camera system in low light, but still, Pixel tops the charts, with Apple being the 2nd one.
- Raw photos – Raw photos or Raw format is a feature, not all OEMs are providing these days. The reason is simple, Raw format falls under the professional-grade format, and not everyone will be using it. That’s why a handful of smartphone companies support it.
- Auto-detecting low-light – The best thing about Google Camera is not only its hardcore machine learning but also its advanced AI. Well, both AI and machine learning work as a couple to provide the best results. AI or Artificial Intelligence chooses which mode or which feature must be used in a particular scenario. The best example is the Auto-detecting of the low light feature in Gcam. Users don’t have to turn Night Mode or Night Sight feature manually, all of which work on their own. However, you can turn this feature off and choose to use Night Sight manually when needed.
- Super Res Zoom – Yet another feature of the powerful software. So, generally, a smartphone camera features two types of zoom – optical zoom and digital zoom. Optical zoom uses the power of a zoom lens on your smartphone. In contrast, digital zoom is similar to the pinch-zoom feature you use to magnify the photos in your gallery. Super Res Zoom or Super Resolution Zoom ensures a high-quality digital zoom by smartly adding more details like sharpness, color, and exposure to it in real time.
- Dual exposure controls – One of the most advanced and unique features of Gcam is the Dual Exposure Control feature. It’s a little bit complicated to understand, but we will try our best to make you understand. When clicking a picture in a challenging situation, having variable light intensities on different subjects, the smartphone uses HDR mode. The HDR mode takes different photos and combines them to create a perfect image. Dual Exposure is nothing but an advanced mode of HDR mode, where you can even choose the amount of brightness that should fall on those different subjects.
- Astrophotography Mode – Now let’s talk about our favorite and most advanced feature. Yes, Astrophotography Mode is the best feature of Google Camera. Imagine having a single camera sensor at the rear of your device, and it can beat smartphones like iPhone, Samsung’s flagship-grade triple rear camera setup. And the same camera can capture the best possible night sky photos. Yes, all can be done with the Google Camera. Astrophotography Mode is the advanced mode of the Night Sight or Night Mode, which is explicitly used to capture the night sky.
- Quick toggle option – Last but not least, Google Camera comes added with features to switch between modes very quickly. For instance, the Night Sight mode is switched on by default, but sometimes, if you do not want enhancement, you can easily turn it off using toggles.